Did You Know?
As a form of intimidation, P-40N’s flown by the 80th Fighter Group had the Death Head Skull painted on the engine cowling. Additionally, a belly mounted air siren was sometimes used as further intimidation of the Japanese. When activated, the siren made what was referred to as the “Banshee Wail” As a result, the 80th embraced the nickname, “The Burma Banshees.” This design is inspired by the P-40N "Lulu Belle" flown by Lt Phil Adair whilst servicing with the "Burma Banshees". Lt Adair (later Colonel) was was awarded the Silver Star, Legion of Merit and Distinguished Flying Cross.
All of our High-Top Shoes are custom-made-to-order and handcrafted to the highest quality standards.
- Full canvas double sided print with rounded toe construction.
- Lace-up closure for a snug fit.
- Metal eyelets for a classic look
- Soft textile lining with lightweight construction for maximum comfort.
- High quality outsole for traction and exceptional durability.
Please allow 7-10 days to receive a tracking number while your order is hand-crafted, packaged and shipped from our facility. Estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks.