Did You Know?
Meathound was assigned to 423BS/306BG [RD-D] Thurleigh on 2/3/43. From 30/07/1943 the bomber was transferred to 358BS/303BG [VK-K] Molesworth.
In 1944 on route back to England, the aircraft was severely damaged and flying low. The Pilot ordered the crew to jump out northeast of Amsterdam on the shore of Lake IJsselmeer. Sadly, four of the men drowned. Four others were captured and became POW's and one of the crew would evade capture. The Pilot Lt. Watson, alone on board, found that with the now lighter aircraft he could maintain altitude and flew the crippled aircraft back to England where he landed.
All of our High-Top Shoes are custom-made-to-order and handcrafted to the highest quality standards.
- Full canvas double sided print with rounded toe construction.
- Lace-up closure for a snug fit.
- Metal eyelets for a classic look
- Soft textile lining with lightweight construction for maximum comfort.
- High quality outsole for traction and exceptional durability.
Please allow 7-10 days to receive a tracking number while your order is hand-crafted, packaged and shipped from our facility. Estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks.